Applying for a New Birth Certificate Following a Legitimation

Legitimation occurs either when the mother was not married at the time of birth or not married to the biological father and later marries the biological father of the child.  The following are required to obtain a new record:


Other Helpful Forms

Acknowledgement of Paternity

Denial of Parentage